Post-Frustration, Some Success

Part of me thinks I’m making this quilt way more complicated than it needs to be. Afterall, if I had just picked 6 or 7 straightforward fabrics, I wouldn’t be fussy cutting every other piece in the blocks. And, I wouldn’t be recutting and screwing up so often.

But, the results of my efforts are really interesting designs (in my very humble opinion). Check out my new blocks:

Block 2: Autumn Tint

 

Block 4: Basket Weave

 

Block 5: Bat Wing

If you are wondering what happened to block 4, I didn’t like it. So, I didn’t do it. I’m not going to do the blocks that are…how do I put it…kitchy. Like the ones that are May Baskets with curved handles. They just bug me.

In the mess I made cutting and recutting fabric, I realized (too late) that I pieced a fairly intricate square that was too large for the block I was working on. Trimming it down was just not going to look right. So, I thumbed through the book until I found a pattern that had a square approximately the same size. I ended up created Block 88:

Block 88: Star of Hope

If you look closely at the square, you’ll see why I just didn’t want to throw away this block.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>