Wow. Have you looked at Pinterest? For a fabric and yarn junkie like me, there is a ton and then some of inspiration out there. I have started a few boards of my own. One is called She Who Dies With The Most Fabric Wins (which is also what my scoop.it page is called) and the other is Knit One Purl One. I bet you can tell what types of photos go on which board.
Here is what I love about Pinterest:
- Variety of amazing photos
- Ability to search for just about anything I can think of
- Excitement of seeing stuff I’ve pinned re-pinned by other people
- Reading comments on my pins made by people who I don’t know
- Learning about other blogs and website – especially the ones with tutorials and instructions
- Feeling like a part of a community of crafters
Here is what I’d like to see improved:
- Grouping what I am VIEWING (not just what I am posting). I see a big mish-mash of all of the people and boards that I follow. I’d like to be able to see JUST my quilt follows or JUST my knitting follows
- Some way to post a message to a fellow pinner who either is following me or I want to follow
- Some way, other than simply typing it in, to say, “I didn’t make this piece” or “I made this”. Sometimes when I’m repinning I have little idea who made something. That makes me feel a little uncomfortable, because I don’t want people to think I’m as good as those others.
What strikes me most about the things I see is the quality of what gets pinned. Rarely do I see work that doesn’t impress me. I am simultaneously inspired and slightly depressed. But, always, it makes me want to sew or knit.
If you join Pinterest, please look for me. And then post some beautiful pins and I will follow you, too!